RDP “2” MONO 35 Watt – Serie of Digital Audio Players Class “D” – HIGH EFFICIENCY
Keeping with its policy of continuously improving product quality and performance, Plurifon has introduced a new series of RDP “2” digital players equipped with a new, high-efficiency class-D amplifier. The new amplifier extends internal battery life, which is now much longer than the battery in the previous player, and does not generate heat. The RDP series “2” has important new features, and its sound quality is greatly improved over 1st-generation RDP players, since audio data is no longer compressed. The result is extremely faithful bird call playback quality that is comparable – and perhaps even better than – the quality of a CD. Like the first series, the new series has no moving parts, so these players operate perfectly even in the toughest conditions. The new high-capacity Mini Card “2” can store particularly long bird songs with fidelity that has never been available before, and with no deterioration of the recording over time.
Each individual unit is thoroughly checked and rigorously tested before sale.
Type approved in compliance with EC standards.
Main technical features:
- Mixer function for simultaneous playback of any 2 tracks stored on the Mini-Card “2”
- Fully remote controllable
- Direct access to functions from keyboard
- Balance function for setting the volume of one call higher than the other
- Pause function (II) interrupts playback at any point and resumes play from the same point
- Display shows track or tracks currently being played, volume level, balance setting, pause status, timer count and a “no Mini-Card “2” inserted” warning
- LED battery level indicator
- Rapidly replaceable Mini-Card “2”
- Timer-controlled activation/deactivation
- Separate battery pack
- FM radio receiver function
- Headphone socket for listening to bird calls or FM radio with stereo headphones
- A-B function allows user to play back a selected portion of a call (or calls)
- Self-protected against accidental inversion of polarity. However, special attention must be paid to the external connection, since the circuit that prevents +/- polarity inversion does not offer 100% protection
Accessories available sold separately:
Standard and optional Mini-Card “2”
Static-proof case for 5 Mini-Card “2” cards
Assorted horn diffusers
Cable for external power supply with clamps
|No. of tracks||Up to 40 tracks||Dimensions of player||Without battery pack: approx. 65x24x110 mm (LxHxW)
With battery pack: approx. 65×41.5×110 mm (LxHxW) (excluding controls and protruding components)
|Frequency response||20 ÷ 20000 Hz||Dimensions of Mini-Card 2|| approx. 24×32 mm (LxW)
|Signal/noise ratio SNR||≥ 102 dB||Weight||146 g (without battery pack)
314 g (with battery pack)
|Harmonic distortion||RDP “2” – 35 W, D-MT ≥ 0,05% (at 1 KHz, 4Ω, 5 W)
|Remote control functions||All main functions available directly from digital player unit|
|Maximum output power at 12 V||RDP “2” – 35 W, D-MT (with horn diffuser): 35 W
|Auto-selected secret codes (on the remote control unit)||65.000|
|Operating position||Any||Minimum range of remote control unit||70 m with battery fully charged, no obstacles, audio player at ground level and transmission/reception antennas in vertical position|
|Operating temperature||-20° to +80°C||Power supply of remote control unit||1 – type E23A or GP23A 12 V battery|
|Internal power supply||8 – 1.5 V IEC type LR6 alkaline or lithium batteries or 1.2-1.5 V rechargeable batteries
|Dimensions of remote control unit||approx. 54×9.5×80 mm (LxHxW)|
|External power supply||12V battery or stabilised 220 VAC mains-powered transformer with output of 12 – 18 VDC, minimum 3.4 Ah.
|Weight of remote control unit||39 g, with battery|
NOTE: The new RDP “2”, MINI-RDP “2” and MICRO-RDP Class-D high-efficiency digital audio players accept the same type of Mini-Card “2”.